8408 Corrosion Inhibitor will provide up to 24 months of outdoor protection against corrosion when used in conjunction with the ZOR-PAC™ system. 8408 Corrosion Inhibitor may be applied by, airless spraying, dipping, or brush methods. When practical, dipping is preferred since it assures complete coverage.
8408 is an ideal choice for:
- Outdoor storage of finished parts or raw stock.
- Steel mills or foundries
- Coating parts to be shipped overseas
- Anywhere long-term metal corrosion prevention is desired
- Coating internal or interconnecting parts that are subjected to metal-to-metal wear
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Excellent salty spray and humidity resistance
- Excellent long-term outdoor or indoor corrosion inhibition
- Bonds well to all metal substrates
- Neutralizes fingerprints or other acidic contaminates
- Produces a hydrophobic (water repellent) coating
- The residual film remains elastic and will expand and contract without cracking
- Excellent lubricating properties
- The transparent coating allows visual inspection of parts and/or identification markings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
8408 Corrosion Inhibitor is typically used as received for maximum corrosion protection. 8408 Corrosion Inhibitor should be stirred to uniform consistency before applying. The stirring will assure more uniform rust protection on the metal being treated. After application, the solvent should be allowed to fully evaporate (72 hours) before the parts are handled, packaged or stored. The deposited protective film, although fast drying, will dry faster at higher air temperatures and with enhanced air circulation. When applying 8408 Corrosion Inhibitor to wet surfaces, be sure to remove entrapped water from holes, crevices, or other cavities.