Model 998 Kit Contents:
- Model 998 UL Approved Heat Tool
- 25′ UL Approved Hose Assembly
- UL Approved Regulator Assembly
- UL Guard Assembly
- 998 User’s Manual
- Plastic Carrying Case
With the UL approved model 998, users can heat shrink film around pallets and odd-shaped products for shipping and storage purposes. Combing the (2′, 4′, or 6′) modular extension system with the 998 and you now have the most versatile solution when applying shrink film at marinas and construction sites for winterization and containment purposes.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful: Offering 200,000+ BTUs of power, the 998 can shrink wrap large applications quickly and efficiently. A standard 40″ x 48″ x 60″ pallet can be shrink wrapped in less than 2 minutes!
- Lightweight: Its sleek design and weight of only 2.2lbs make the 998 perfectly balanced for user comfort. The 998’s ergonomic features and fan-shaped combustor create an even and steady heat pattern for consistent heat shrinking and minimal damage to the shrink film.
- Safe: The 998 is both UL and CE certified and offers numerous safety features while maintaining the durability required for the toughest industrial applications:
-“Dead-man” trigger automatically shuts off the flow of propane and extinguishes the flame when released.
– The Shrinkfast patented combustion cycle allows the flame to burn outside the combustor and keeps the heat tool cool to the touch during operation.
– The UL approved regulator assembly includes an “Excess Flow Device” that stops the flow of propane in case the hose is cut or develops a significant leak.
– The UL approved 25′ hose assembly can withstand up to 300lbs of pressure, making it the most durable hose available in the heat tool industry.
- Flexible: The integrated extension system and the new X-Tender offer unlimited shrink wrapping possibilities for large equipment or difficult to reach areas. The quick disconnect system allows for easy installation and combining any of the 2′, 4′, and 6′ extensions together. No tools required!